Plain text (query.dll) IFilter file size limit
Chris West
2007-03-27 16:44:04 UTC

Does the plain text IFilter (query.dll) have a maximum file size that it
can process?

When I try extracting from two text files, one of 30MB and the other of
41MB the IFilter will only extract the first 25MB from both files.

If I run ifilttst.exe against both files it will report 9 errors with
each. Each error appears as:

5092.4644 : +TEST+SEV1 GetChunk() failed for unknown reason. The return
code is 0x8004173e

If there is a limit on file size can this be changed or is there another
work around?

Cheers,

Chris.
WenJun Zhang[msft]
2007-03-28 08:29:29 UTC
Hi Chris,

I will follow up in Indexing Service newsgroup.

Thanks.

Sincerely,

WenJun Zhang

Microsoft Online Community Support

ications.

Microsoft Customer Support Services (CSS) at:

Don Grover
2007-03-28 09:19:14 UTC
Dear Chris
If your having problems with file too large to index, change the
MaxTextFilterBytes in the registry to a larger value.
the default is 25,000,000 this can be changed at:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\ContentIndex

Take a look at the MaxDownloadSize and MaxGrowFactor registry values too
located at:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Search\1.0\Gathering Manager

I think from memory that their is a Knowledge Base Articule kb318747 but
ton't quote me on that

Regards
Don Grover
Hi,