Indexing dynamic content
Mirnes
2007-05-24 14:28:49 UTC
Hello!

I'm running Indexing services to index my company intranet site and i
followed instructions at msdn to add aspx handler to registry. Now,
indexing services indexes static content but not dynamic content from
database. Did I make some mistake or it should be like that? I don't
see any sense to add aspx to index then because it is not orientated
to static content.

I know that there is possibility to make full text search to MS SQL
Server but if my site is consisted of dynamic and static content
should I make two search forms and ask users: When you want to search
dynamic content then use form1, else use form2? Silly, isn't it?

I hope that my question is silly and that I made mistake somewhere!

Thanks in advance!
Hilary Cotter
2007-05-24 18:00:49 UTC
Neither SQL Server full-text search nor Indexing Services can index dynamic
content. It can just index the static content found in the aspx files.