2007-08-03 20:54:14 UTC
I'd like to know if it's possible to do the following with Index
- Have a user upload a document to a web server.
- Stuff the document in a file system folder - eg: C:\ForIndexing.
- Have Index Server index the content of that file.
- When the incremental indexing is complete, move the file to an
external storage system, such as Amazon S3. ie: Delete the file from
- Then, at some time, query the index, finding the name of the
original file and folder, and then use some code to relate the name of
the remote file, and go and retrieve it.
- Is this possible?
- Once the file is removed from C:\ForIndexing, will the index
remember that is was there and still let me find it in the search
- Is there a way to programmatically or through config, control Index
Server to tell it to ignore the deletion?
Any other suggestions on storing the files remotely after they have