2007-09-09 22:06:03 UTC
I'm seeing some wierd inconsistencies in my indexes.
I've got an old Win2000sp4 box with a number of indexes on it. Two of these
have 50+K files and the indexes are around the 3.5-4gig mark (yes, the files
are a lot of large, textual PDF files).
I've copied those same files onto a brand new, fully patched Win2003R2sp2
box, installed the same iFilters (I've tried Adobe's v4, v5 and v6 iFilters)
and the best I've managed is a 730meg index. Searching against the index
shows that most of the files are missing.
Conninued attempts to rescan the folder structure causes the index size to
fluctuate, generally down... Today it's sitting at 6meg!
I put these same files on an older win2003sp2 server (it's been around a
while and patched over the years). It produces the same size indexes as the
original win2000 box.
Someone mentioned a tool for listing all the files in the index. I'm going
to dig that up, but the real question is, why are most of the files being
Craig dot Humphrey at ChapmanTripp dot com