Query finds not all files (IDQ)
Pirx
2007-06-19 15:28:24 UTC
Hi!

I have the following problem:
The index server does not retrieve all files containing a certain search
term. I use IDQ/HTX scripts, and I always get the wrong results for WinXP or
Win2003 server.

For testing purposes I created 3 files with the following content:

txt1.txt -> "sound"
txt2.txt -> "sound1"
txt3.txt -> "1sound"

(without the "", of course).

My intention is to search for "sound" and to find all 3 files as a result.

Now, here’s my problem:

Dialect=2
• If I search for the term "sound" using Dialect=2, I only get txt1.txt as a
result. I know that I cannot use wildcards with Dialect=2. Or can I?

Dialect=1
• If I search for the term "sound" using Dialect=1, I also get only txt1.txt
as a result.

• If, however, I search for the term "sound*" using Dialect=1, I get only
txt1.txt and txt2.txt as a result.

• Searching for "*sound*" generates an error.

How is it possible to find all three files with one query? Or generally
speaking: How can I find any text string independently from its position
within a word (beginning, middle, end)?

Thanks!
DLC
2007-06-26 16:06:01 UTC
Hello,

I have exactly the same problem and wasn't able to find a solution yet. Can
anybody please help? Fast?

Since this doesn't seem to be such an exotic and out-of-the-way query, I'm
sure someone must have been successful in solving the problem. It certainly
must be possible to achieve the same results as with google or yahoo? Or
maybe Microsoft Invdexserver is the wrong tool???

So, please give it a try and let me participate :-)

Thank you.