Problem using FREETEXT
b***@gmail.com
2007-06-27 20:39:24 UTC
I've got a .Net web page using OleDb to query my catalog. The query
string looks like this:

Select Filename, Size, Path, Create, Rank from SCOPE(" + scope + ")
where FREETEXT(Contents,'" + TextBox1.Text + "') order by Rank desc

The problem is that I can't get a boolean operator to limit the
documents returned. For example, I search using "smith AND cindy" and
get 66 documents back. The first two, with a Rank of 105, contain both
words, but the rest (with ranks below 65 or so) only contain one of
the words.

How can I limit it to only return the two matching documents?
Hilary Cotter
2007-06-28 09:49:40 UTC
Freetext does not support Boolean.
--
Looking for a SQL Server replication book?
http://www.nwsu.com/0974973602.html

Looking for a FAQ on Indexing Services/SQL FTS
http://www.indexserverfaq.com