2007-05-01 20:06:22 UTC
server is set up and I did my best to make it identical to the old
one. Among other things, I copied the whole inetpub folder over so
that the folder structure is identical.
When I try to run a search, I get a 404 (File Not Found error) on the
query.idq page. Here's a summary that should help narrow it down:
* I can run a query from the Indexing Service management console, so I
know the indexer is working fine.
* I noticed that the .idq extension was not mapped to the idq.dll, so
I did that.
* I tried to map the .htw extension to the webhits.dll, but it goes
away when I restart the IIS service. Is that a permission issue?
* The folder structure matches what is on the other server. Query.idq
and query.htx are in wwwroot\search.
* The "search" directory is not a virtual directory, which seems to be
ok on the other server.
* I did play with the path to the .idq file in the search form (e.g.
from relative to absolute, etc.) to no avail.
* In Web Server Extensions: ASP, ASP.NET, Server Side Includes are
Allowed. All others Prohibited.
* FWIW, I recently created a virtual directory w/no problem. When I
try now, it disappears when I restart IIS.